When traveling, there are a few essentials that can really make or break your trip! Here’s a list of things I won’t travel without which has really made my trips smoother, easier, and more enjoyable. Knowing your comfort level is something I preach pretty often around here and that principle also applies to what you should pack! Nothing’s worse than scrambling to find something on the road! It’s stressful and takes away from the fun of your trip. Check out my list and links below for some ideas on travel must-haves to keep your vacay stress free.
Top 10 Items I Won’t Travel Without
1. Powerbank and extra cable– You never know what can happen while traveling and that includes when the next time you’ll be able to charge your phone will be. There are many powerbanks out there but this one is relatively inexpensive, small, light-weight, and can fully charge a smartphone…TWICE!
2. Change of clothes/toothbrush in carry on– When traveling (especially internationally) luggage can get lost so it’s always a good idea to have a change of clothes and a toothbrush with toothpaste at minimum in your carry on. Keeping your clothes in a space saver bag keeps you from taking up too much carry on real estate with the added bonus of waterproofing.
3. Collapsible water bottle– WATER! Stay hydrated, ALWAYS. It may be harder to find open water fountains in some places because of the pandemic but there are still places out and about to fill up your water bottles which is so important while traveling.
4. Ibuprofen/Tylenol– Headaches, migraines, aches and pains from sitting on your 16 hour flight. Whatever the issue you’ll be glad you brought provisions. I love these packets with 2 pills (Ibuprofen & Tylenol) because they’re easy to throw in each bag you’re taking without compromising space.
5. Snacks– AIRPORT SNACKS ARE EXPENSIVE! Sometimes it feels like $20 will get you a bag of chips and half a can of soda. It’s always a good idea to bring some munchies (if allowed) not just because they’re expensive en route but also because delayed flights, trains etc. happen and you could wind up getting to your destination when everything is closed. Having something to hold you over can be a literal life saver.
6. Passport/ID holder– Having your ID, Passport, money, or any other ID required by the places you’re visiting in one place can make traveling a little less stressful. These organizers are great for that and ones that have an RFID designation provide extra security for any credit cards you have.
8. Pen– Listen, we’re all adults here, you should ALWAYS have a pen on you. No matter where you are, what you’re doing or if you’re traveling (although for real if you’re traveling bring a pen or two). Just trust me and bring a pen.
9. Extra cloth and disposable masks– There’s no getting around this one, we live in pandemic times and travel is a little more fraught these days. Just having some extra masks on hand goes a long way in case you travel somewhere with more strict protocols and keeps you safe if something should happen to the mask you begin your travels with.
10. Hand sanitizer/wipes– This was a rule pre pandemic and should remain one. Hand sanitizer or the sanitizing wipes are great in a pinch when hand washing is not available, but hand cleaning is a must.